A set of study materials for students and teachers tackling T. S. Eliot’s renowned (and difficult) early poem.
- Overview: T. S. Eliot and “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
- The Poem: “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
- Context: A Bit of Background on the Modernist Period
- Insights: Themes and Ideas in “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
- Terms: A list of literary devices used in “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
- Study Questions & Writing Prompts for “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
This resource includes background on the poet and the poem, notes on the Modernist period, and insights on the central themes and ideas in the poem. Study questions and writing prompts are also included.
Download This Resource
Subscribe to get access
Access this content when you subscribe today.
Instructor Membership @ Philo Culturo
Explore our growing catalogue of instructor resources for the high school and early college language arts classroom.
Become a member for full access to downloads for classroom use.
Find resources for anything from teaching citation style to bringing climate change into the classroom as a topic for argument and critical thinking. Plus tests, quizzes, and study materials for popular literary short stories, novels and plays.